Home / History


In 1843 Donard’s first school was built on the site of our tennis court.
The old school building was built in 1949. This is presently the pre-school, Tús Maith.
Mr. Fitzpatrick’s classroom was built in 1962. The tennis court was also built.
Mrs Parnell’s classroom and the hall were built in 1981.
Miss Breen’s and Miss Kelly’s classrooms were built in 2008, as were the staffroom, offices and meeting room upstairs. The playing pitch was also extended.

Recently the toilets in the old school have been refurbished. In 2015 Tús Maith was extended and the wall between the two old classrooms was knocked.